Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Poem on an image i saw one day on my travels, this is a free write no constraints on lines or styles


One way bound

A calm wind that won’t  move blades of grass,
Sun sparking down as if trying to join in with,
The wind that is caring the words of the people as it travels from east to west.
The distance is far but you feel so close
The details present, the emotions high.
The loud speaker bellows commands

The wind, the sun, and even the people muted to the muffled sound created only inches away
10,
And people follow like mindless drones, but not me
5,
Their shouts growing with every increased number
2,
At one,
 Everyone goes silent.

A cloud of dust flies toward everything like a meteor had hit the earth
The heat is warmth unlike anything I’ve felt before
Heart racing and my temples rise to look at the sky now filled with something brighter than the sun
This hope that contains my dreams and passions
It screams at me
“Come along with me! I’ll take you there!”
And within seconds my friend is gone, and the wind and people leave.

I sit and ask the sun what it’s like to have the view from up there
but it never responds back and I can’t help but draw a smile to my lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment